If you are looking for an authentic dry mix of Indian Masala Chai, look no further. Made in small batches, the spices are ground to order to ensure the freshness of the botanicals, their aroma and health benefits*
Ingredients: Organic Assam Tea, Organic Green Cardamom, Organic Cinnamon, Organic Cloves, and Organic Ginger, with no added sugars or flavorings
– Assam Tea (black Tea): Black tea is a variety of tea that is more oxidized than the green, oolong, and white varieties. All four varieties are made from leaves of Camellia sinensis. Black tea is generally stronger in flavor and contains more caffeine than the less oxidized teas.
– Cardamom: A household spice that is commonly used to support digestion without increasing Heat.* It has expectorant and diaphoretic actions.* The mucus forming properties of milk are neutralized when cardamom is added to it.*
– Cinnamon: This warming spice is traditionally used in cold formulas as an expectorant and diaphoretic.* Due to its warming property, cinnamon is known to promote digestion.*
– Cloves: An energizing herb,* cloves are an effective stimulant and aromatic for the lungs and stomach.* Cloves are used extensively in Ayurvedic herbology.
– Ginger: In Ayurvedic and Chinese herbology, Ginger is known to have heating, cleansing, toning, and stimulating properties.* Ginger promotes digestion, relieves abdominal discomfort, dispels chills and it is also useful for relieving respiratory complaints due to phlegm and arthritic conditions due to coldness.*
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
I’ve been drinking chai for decades and since I found Yogic Chai many years ago, I haven’t found a better chai in any form. It’s just the best–full of flavor, and not too strong or mild. It just takes a few minutes to brew, like any tea, and you get to do your own sweetener and creamer (I use maple syrup and half-and-half). I drink it every day. Also, the online service is excellent.
The best chai we’ve ever had. Robust and well balanced flavors.
Recently got into loose teas and the Award Winning Original Black Tea Masala Chai is where it’s at! A killer tea for cold afternoons!
This chai is delicious!
My family has been drinking this amazing chai for at least ten years. We LOVE it! It’s robustly flavorful and booming with good energy. It’s a hug in a cup, and a kick in the pants at the same time – love love!!